Wednesday, December 18, 2013

These are the words of Christ. . .



I been sporadically trying to read through Revelations, and I just can't stop reading these specific chapters. . .

"These are the words of Him who holds the seven stars in His 
right hand and walks among the seven golden lamp stands." (Rev. 2:1)

"These are the words of Him who is the First and the Last,
who died and came to life again." (2:8)

"These are the words of Him who has the sharp, double-edged
sword." (2:12)

"These are the words of the Son of God, whose eyes are like
blazing fire and whose feet are like burnished bronze." (2:18)

"These are the words of Him who holds the seven Spirits
of God and the seven stars." (3:1)

"These are the words of Him who is Holy and True, who holds
the key of David. What He opens no one can shut, and what
He shuts no one can open." (3:7)

"These are the words of the Amen, the Faithful and true witness,
the ruler of God's creation." (3:14)

These are the words of God, Christ Jesus our Lord.


To me, it is so beautiful how God uses a different name (or description) for Himself, in each individual letter to the 7 churches.  It really shows you who the Lord is, "whose eyes are like blazing fire" "Him who is Holy and True, who holds the key of David", "who has the sharp double-edged sword", "who is the First and the Last, who died and came to life again", and on and on it goes with the picture of the beauty of the Lord.  He put those verses in the Bible so that way we can see Jesus, and picture Him in our minds, in the glory and majesty of His Holiness!  Can you imagine how awesome the artwork would be, if someone could accurately paint a picture of this?

It has made me think recently, how much I'm missing the Lord.  It's not Him, it me and my 'busyness'.  I feel awkward.  I don't want to be trying to act 'spiritual' like my siblings.  No, they don't necessarily act spiritual, they just know Jesus more than I do and therefore, live it out.  I want it to be my own wonderful relationship with Jesus. . .I just can't seem to get there.  I don't think knowing Jesus should be something you need to work at, it should be natural to talk to Him, and read the Bible.  But where I'm at, needs to be worked on.  I need to make more of an effort to become just like Jesus, talk to Him freely, and read His Word.  What about you?  Do you feel like you're learning and becoming more like the Lord, or is it becoming something you've been having to work at?

Being in the medical field, working as an EMT, thinking and praying about going on to become a firefighter/paramedic. . .it's a little harder than I expected, to grow spiritually.  I think I've been kind of wrapped up in studying, taking tests, trying to graduate, trying to figure out what field I'm supposed to be getting into, catching up on sleep, trying to get better physically. . .so many things.  And yet, I've enjoyed it.  I can definitely tell that Jesus has been there through it all, even when I wasn't quite focused on Him.  Who would think that they would enjoy taking major tests?  Who on earth, has fun taking a National test that is recorded at all times, and has to get handprinted before and after entering the room? Who enjoys getting woken up at 3:00 in the morning to help save someones life 15 minutes away, when you could have been sleeping longer?  Can't you see His hand?!  Listen, I'm homeschooled.  I've never had to sit in a classroom and take exams, and tests. . .those things make me nervous.  But to have fun?  Unreal.  So if you don't feel like you're spending enough time with the Lord, or getting very close to Him, just know that He really and truly is with you no matter what is happening in your life.  He loves you SO very much, and wants to have an incredible relationship with you. . .no matter if your spending time with Him or not, He's still there. . .so there's no getting away from Him : )

I have no clue why I write all this stuff, but I hope it makes sense, and does somebody good (if not me). But hey, at least it's not as long as my other posts! : )

Thank you for reading, and have a very Merry Christmas!

He is worthy and greatly to be praised

 Olivia 

No comments:

Post a Comment